The purpose of the awards is to recognize the work of graduate students regarding knowledge translation (KT) in public health in Canada.
Up to three awards will be given annually at the CPHA Annual Conference. Travel, accommodation and registration fees will be covered up to a maximum of $1,500.
The award is open to students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program (full or part-time) OR students who completed a graduate degree in the last 12 months. Applicants must be students at a Canadian academic institution, and in a discipline relevant to public health.
Submit the following information:
1. Completed application form
2. Summary that describes how your academic work (course work, academic papers and/or thesis) is developing,
implementing and/or evaluating knowledge translation strategies in public health. [2 page maximum, 1” margins,
minimum 11 point font]
3. Letter of support from your faculty or academic supervisor that includes confirmation of your current program of
study (or program attendance within the past 12 months) and academic institution.
Submission & Deadline
Please return the completed application form and supporting documentation by March 10, 2014 to:
Canadian Public Health Association Awards Committee
404-1525 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Z 8R9
Applications will be reviewed and scored according to the following criteria:
• relevance to knowledge translation in public health
• creativity/innovation shown in the project
• scholarliness of the project
• potential impact of the project
• quality and degree of support of academic supervisor
Preference will be given to students who are implementing and evaluating the knowledge translation strategy with public health staff, managers or policy-makers.
An NCCPH subcommittee will review and score the applications and make recommendations to the NCCPH Leads for approval.
Launch of Call for Applications February 4, 2014
Application Deadline March 10, 2014
Notice to Successful Recipients April 1, 2014
Deadline for Acceptance April 7, 2014
For further information, please contact:
Donna Ciliska at firstname.lastname@example.org